Telematics policies. Black box technology. Smart box insurance. It all means the same thing! You prove what a good driver you are to pay less on your car insurance!
By having a Model Driver Black Box installed in your car, you've already taken the first step towards being in control of what you pay for your car insurance, which is great news for so called ‘high risk’ drivers facing a hefty premium - particularly young or inexperienced drivers.
- The Black Box is fitted into your car so that when, where and how your car is driven can be monitored 24/7 using GPS.
- Insurers will monitor different things such as speed (are you keeping to the limits?), braking (controlled or jerky?), acceleration (smooth or erratic?), Night-Time Driving, total mileage, the type of journeys you make etc.
- You’ll be given a score which reflects how your car is driven.
- If you (and anyone else who drives the car) drives well, you could be rewarded with money back on your premium. Drive poorly and you could see your premium rise.
- You will be able to review and analyse how well you’re driving using an online ‘dashboard’ and then can look to tweak your driving habits to improve your score.
- At renewal, a high driving score could result in a lower premium and you’ll build up a No Claim Discount as usual.