FAQ - Proof of Driving Licence
- Why do I have to provide proof of my driving entitlement for all drivers?
- What if I don't provide this?
- How do I download my DVLA Sharing Service Licence Summary?
- What if my driving licence is registered to my old address?
Your driving history and that of the additional drivers you name on your policy will have a significant effect on your overall premium. We have chosen to request copies of all driving licence summaries to confirm the information we have is accurate.
If you do not send us the relevant driving entitlement information within the agreed timescales your policy will be cancelled. You will then be charged for the period of time that you were provided your cover, a cancellation fee of £150 if your box has been installed, or £65 if it has not. This is in addition to any fee from the insurer that is underwriting your policy. No refund is given for any Optional Extras purchased, other than Breakdown Assistance Cover, where there will be a pro rata charge.
Therefore please make sure you send us the required documentation using the Upload Document facility in your online account as quickly as possible. You can also send us the details to:
Freepost Plus RTKS-KSBS-AUZC
19 Cadogan Street
You need to provide us with copies of the DVLA Sharing Service Licence Summary for all drivers named on the policy. These can be generated from the DVLA website found here.
We have created a step by step guide to help:
- Please have your driving licence, National Insurance number and postcode to hand.
- Visit the DVLA website, enter your details and click ‘View now’.
- Go to the ‘Share your licence information’ tab in the top right corner.
- Click ‘Create a code’.
- Click ‘View, print or save your licence information’ to download a PDF copy of your information.
- Save the Licence Summary Document to your device or computer and then upload it to your Online Portal. If you’re unsure how to upload a document, you can find out how to do it here. Alternatively, you can print and send it to the Freepost address shown above.
- Make sure you complete this for ALL named drivers on the policy.
As the DVLA can sometimes take a few weeks to issue a new licence, we will accept a copy of two utility bills (within the last 3 months) confirming your current address together with your licence summary at your old address. Once you download your new driving licence summary from the DVLA, please send to us using the Upload Document facility in your online account, or post to us using the Freepost address above.